"I believe in doing my part to support the community I love".
My dedication to serving this community is as strong as ever.
I am prepared to take on the responsibilities of the Register of Deeds to improve government service for Orange County residents.
- OWASA Board of Directors (2001-2007)
- Chapel Hill Town Council (2009-2012)
- Orange County Board of Commissioners (2012-2020), Chair (2018-2020)
I found my experience in local government to be deeply fulfilling, as I worked together with my colleagues to make this community a welcoming place where everyone has a good quality of life.
I also served as the Director of Donor and Community Relations at the Jewish Community Center in Durham.
More about me:
- I write a monthly column for Chapelboro.com, the local news and radio station exploring community topics.
- I work on recipe development/review to encourage healthy eating.
- Very much involved with the arts community supporting and encouraging beauty in our community.
- I am in a Fantasy Football League and love all sports.
- I knit socks to keep my hands busy.
- I read to relax and for my book club – I love the public library.
- Yoga on Sunday eases my way into the week.
- Long long walks listening to podcasts clears my head and allows me to find the most unusual and common finds. See penny2rich on Instagram – #foundwalkingpr